• Explain the purpose of a community assessment and why you are performing this one.
• Explain how specific social determinants within the community might impact the overall health of the community.
• Give a background of the health problem that you identified in PH4002 and describe any information that you have already gathered on the topic. [[[EG, See attached PH4002 ]]]
• Define the section of the community that you are assessing: . [[[EG, See attached PH4002 ]]]
o The section of the community should correspond to the population selected for the practicum problem in PH4002. . [[[EG, See attached PH4002 ]]]
Example 1: A lack of vaccination among elderly could focus on senior housing projects in a specific area.
Example 2: A lack of vaccination among low-income children might focus on low-income housing situations in a specific area.
o It is preferred that the selected area has specific boundaries if possible. .[[[EG, Within 20706, mention some streets eg,301, Good luck road, Greenbelt Rd, Annapolis Rd …]]]
It is not feasible to perform the windshield survey of large areas such as the City of Chicago or Atlanta or the State of Wisconsin; you must select bounded areas such as from 99th Street North to 108th Street West, since you must either walk or drive around. Selecting a ZIP code is a common way of setting boundaries.
Note: It is not advisable to perform your windshield survey in an area that is unsafe. Also, perform your survey in daylight hours, and take any and all precautions to keep yourself safe.
o If a specific target area cannot be identified because the problem is widespread throughout the area, then you may use a section of the community that is new to you or a section that is home to a specific population (e.g. Chinatown, Manhattan, or the Fillmore District of San Francisco). .[[[EG RehabNow.org, Samhsa.gov, publicsafety.gc.ca may provide useful information on illicit drug use in Lanham. ]]]
• Give a description of the size and density of the population with which you are concerned. Include any appropriate demographics (e.g., race, ethnic groups, gender, age) both current and historically.
Section 2: Perform a Windshield Survey
• The windshield survey should reflect that which is described in the Community Assessment Report Template and as noted in your readings. As each community is different, topics on the Community Assessment Report Template may need to be tailored to fit the needs of the selected population. It is critical for this part of the project that you actually drive or walk around the community that you are investigating.
• Be sure to capture pictures of some observations to include in your report.
Section 3: Findings and Conclusions
• Based on the information that you have gathered:
o Explain your overall impression of the community and population.
o Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the community and population.
o Evaluate the overall healthiness of the community and population.
o Analyze the safety of the community.
o Make inferences about which elements that you observed may contribute to the health problem with which you are concerned.
o Be sure to consider the social determinants of health, the cultural factors that apply, and any other specific observations regarding your population and community.
• Support your responses with evidence from health DATA, literature, and observations. [See PH4002]
• Include a reference page at the end of your report
The conclusion must be at leaaqwst 1.5 to 2 pages.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.